CE6302 Mechanics of Solids (MOS)Anna University (Regulation 2013 ) syllabus
Syllabus Regulation : 2013
Semester : 3
Department : B.E. Civil Engineering
Subject Code : CE6302
Subject Name : Mechanics of Solids
Edition Details : 2015 Edition (Scan Version)
Attachment Type : pdf
Mechanics of Solids CE6302 SYLLABUS
CLICK HERE to download the pdf file
To learn Mechanics of Solids CE6302 in a easy way, We have provided audio explanation in our regional language with notes, To view that CLICK HERE
OBJECTIVES OF CE6302 SYLLABUS:
- To learn fundamental concepts of Stress, Strain and deformation of solids with applications to bars, beams and thin cylinders.
- For knowing the mechanism of load transfer in beams, the induced stress resultants and deformations.
- To understand the effect of torsion on shafts and springs.
- For analyzing a complex two dimensional state of stress and plane trusses
OUTCOMES OF MOS SYLLABUS:
The students will have
- Thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of stress and strain in mechanics of solids and structures.
- The ability to analyse determinate beams and trusses to determine shear forces, bending moments and axial forces.
- A sufficient knowledge in designing shafts to transmit required power and also springs for its maximum energy storage capacities.
TEXTBOOKS FOR MECHANICS OF SOLIDS SYLLABUS IN ANNA UNIVERSITY:
- Rajput.R.K. “Strength of Materials”, S.Chand and Co, New Delhi, 2007.
- Bhavikatti. S., “Solid Mechanics”, Vikas publishing house Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2010.
REFERENCES FOR 2013 REGULATION SYLLABUS :
- Gambhir. M.L., “Fundamentals of Solid Mechanics”, PHI Learning Private Limited., New Delhi, 2009.
- Timoshenko.S.B. and Gere.J.M, “Mechanics of Materials”, Van Nos Reinbhold, New Delhi1995.
- Vazirani.V.N and Ratwani.M.M, “Analysis of Structures”, Vol I Khanna Publishers, NewDelhi,1995.
- Junnarkar.S.B. and Shah.H.J, “Mechanics of Structures”, Vol I, Charotar Publishing House,New Delhi 1997.
- Ugural. A.C., “Mechanics of Materials”, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2013.
ABOUT THE SYLLABUS & NOTES:
This subject CE6302 Mechanics of solids or MOS is for Civil and environmental engineering students studying in Anna university under regulation 2013. This is placed in the second year for the student in their 3rd semester or sem 3. We at padeepz have provided the syllabus, notes and explanation for the notes in our regional language in the audio format. Which will be available in our website. Visit us learn easily.
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND FOLLOW US TO GET UPDATES